Triathlon (& swimming) Applications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Crzylgs15, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Crzylgs15 macrumors newbie

Is there a good application that will record an entire triathlon in one activity?

Also, are there any other swimming applications other than the Activity app for Apple Watch Series 2?

I currently use Cyclemeter for running and cycling, but would like to record an entire triathlon without having the stop the current activity and starting the next one during the race.

Thanks in advance!

2. gsucyclist macrumors regular

I'm not sure if there are any applications that will do a full triathlon. Being a triathlete myself, I would be interested in one. I am keeping my garmin mostly for this purpose. For swimming, I have been using the Swim.com app. It accurately tracks my strokes and intervals and SWOLF, and even autopauses when I'm resting on the wall of the pool. The only problem I have with it, is there is not way to export the data to Strava so I just end up making a manual entry for it.

3. Crzylgs15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I will have to check out the swim.com app

4. Bob190 macrumors 6502

I have been asking Swim.com for export capability forever it seems. I used the site with my original Pebble watch and stopped using since they wouldn't build in export capability.

Not sure why some of these companies (Apple, Nike, Swim.com) think it somehow diminishes their ecosystem to allow you to export your data to others. Either way, the data still has to go to their site first.

5. gsucyclist macrumors regular

Yeah thats my only gripe with the app. Its my data and I should be able to do with it what I want. Other than that, it seems to work really well and can even so drills with it. I just like to keep everything tracked in Strava and don't like to go to multiple sites to get my workout data.