Trick The Geniuses

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DadBod630, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DadBod630 macrumors regular

im not gonna sugarcoat this but i have a drinking problem. the other night i wanted to show my buddy jeff how durable my watch was so i started smacking it on my granite kitchen counters as hard as i could. yea a little whiskey was involved. needless to say i woke up the next morning and the heart rate sensor on the back is shattered. it actually hurts and cuts me to wear this watch now and it asks for my pass all the time. i know lying to the apple guys is wrong but i don't have the cash on me to get this fixed for full price so i was hoping you guys had some tips to trick them into thinking this was accidental damage. i thought about telling them i fell down a set of stairs but that doesn't seem bad enough. let me know

thanks,

David

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So you do have AC+? Just be honest and say you got drunk and shattered your AW. Pretty sure they'll accept it as accidental damage under AC+.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Not going to "sugar coat" either. You were drunk and you ruined your watch and YOU should suffer the consequences for it!

Get some help.

5. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Take this to your first AAA meeting and learn your lesson. Alcoholism is a sickness and should be treated.

6. gppittjk macrumors regular

I'm with the two posts above me. Get some help and take this as a lesson on the road. Alcoholism is a sickness, but that does not relieve you of responsibility for actions you take while under the influence.

7. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

8. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

This thread reminded me of Stan by Eminem when he started writing a letter back to Stan - to quote Mr. Em 'I think you need some counseling'

What you did was make a life choice - if you don't have AC+ suck it up.

9. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

http://www.aa.org/

10. dmccombs, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015

dmccombs macrumors member

1) If you have a drinking problem, by all means get some help. None of us are perfect, and we all have things we'd like to improve.

2) Your 2nd problem is actually more troublesome... While sober, you want folks to help you be a lying scumbag that in the end raises the cost of everyone's future purchases. Take some responsibility for your mistake and eat the cost. What makes you think others should have to pay for your mistakes?

Perhaps the group could give you some tips on carjacking as well?

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Come guys what is wrong with your sensors?

12. djibso macrumors newbie

I'm glad that you accept that you have a problem as most people dealing with your situation don't. Secondly, go see apple and be honest. If they fix it for you then it is great, if not at least you tried.
    We all need help but please for your sake, go see someone about it before you hurt yourself or someone that you care about.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Get help for your drinking problem and stop drinking. Use the money you are now saving by not buying alcohol to pay for the replacement.

14. BigGuy219 macrumors regular

AAA, or 'Triple A', is for cars.

I believe you meant AA, or Alcoholics Anonymous.

15. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Drunk or not, that's extremely idiotic. Get some help.

16. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

Sounds like you proved your point though, the screen was fine, right? :D

17. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

Please considering going to AA. Life doesn't need to revolve around alcohol.

I also suggest you consider owning up to breaking your AW and waiting till you have enough for the repairs. Lying and getting a free repair will only enable you to continue your destructive drinking.

God bless!

18. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

Great story. Gotta pay to play though, If you want to maintain that kind of lifestyle and still own nice thing buying insurance is a great idea next time. Regardless of the morals involved, I don't think there is anything you can say to effect a free repair in that situation. Perhaps look into homeowners insurance you may have already.

19. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

You guys are not helping for sake.

This guy asked a question and we need to find a solution to what he ASKED.

My solution: Say your watch overheated and it exploded. Only solution I can think off since your watch is shattered from the bottom.

20. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

How is car towing going to help this guy?

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    No good is going to come of this thread and asking for help to lie/defraud a company isn't something that is really welcome here either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.