Trick to get unlimited SMS with iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaGoMac, Dec 14, 2007.

1. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

I remember there was some trick people did to get unlimited text messaging with iphone?

Was it sign up for the top plan, then switch to a lower plan or something?

Tried a search and couldn't find the answer

2. bostonte macrumors regular

It's very easy. Dial 611. "Hi, may I add the unlimited text package to my plan please?"

FYI: Changing text packages seems to require dropping your iPhone plan and readding it since everything is bundled. Both times I did it, this caused my voicemail to be reset. Make sure to write down anything important before you call should this happen to you as well.

3. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

I should have been more explicit. a way to get unlimited texts for the old att price that was a lot less than the $20/month now.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Nope

Oh wait that's right you can do it that way!

You mean how can you get something for nothing? Dial 611 and ask them if there is a way to get unlimited texts without paying for it. When you get an answer let us know because that would be worth knowing. ;)

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

You can't get anything for free :) you should know that.

What if you did, and 6 months down the line they figure it out and charge you?

6. WannaGoMac thread starter macrumors 65816

A long time ago, I read in one of the 10000 iphone threads about a way of signing up for some plans for the iphone and switching the plan so you still got unlimited texts for less than the $20. I never said anything about getting something for nothing.

I just asked was if someone remembered the trick. A rather simple question. That's all.