tricked FCE to run on SR MBP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by thebrain74, Jun 30, 2007.

1. thebrain74 macrumors regular

Ok I just got my new SR 2.2 MBP and I moved FCE 3.0 over to it and to my utter dumbfoundment final cut wouldn't run, something about needing an AGP graphics card. I thought, well, this sucks but I kinda thought I would need to upgrade to FCE 3.5, but then I went to apple.com and read some of the reviews and they had the same problemos with a MBP that I did with the new version. Not cool. One of the commenters mentioned a hack that would enable it, it didn't work......
    I figured it out though

***to get FCE to run on an MBP do the following*******
    Right click FCE
    'show package contents"
    open 'contents'
    open 'info.plist' in textedit

edit--->find
    find 'AGP' replace with "PCIe" (the 'e' is REALLY important, kinda makes the whole thing work)
    save

And your good to go

I am open to any questions

TheBrain

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

I'm assuming this is not the universal binary version?

It's going to run very slow!

3. thebrain74 thread starter macrumors regular

You are correct in the assumption that my version is the PPC version (3.0) but I heard that even some UB 3.5 people were having the same problem so....

Oh and about the speed, I don't mind it too much, it is anywhere from slighty slower, even, or much faster than my iMac G5 1.8ghz, so to me not too bad. I'll wait till version 4.0 to go UB cause I'm a cheapa$$

4. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

That's torture!

Final Cut Express might come out soon, it usually comes out a few months after Final Cut Studio gets updated.

5. thebrain74 thread starter macrumors regular

meh its as good or better than what Im used to so meh. And I don't use it to make $$$ so ya...