Tricking AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by veo321, Apr 8, 2010.

1. veo321 macrumors regular

veo321

So Here's the story...

I have an iPhone 3G , a ton of money(that I don't wish to spend on a new iPhone), not using any sim, am not Unlocked and Jailbroken, and have an interest in iPhone Developing.

I want to upgrade to 4.0 and become a dev, but heres the problem I use an iPhone with no sim I just usually take out my brothers att sim after turning his phone on pop it in my iPhone, and it activated great + att never changed it to an iPhone plan...(However I was told there service was down) I screwed up my iPhone and put it in recovery mode, so I am wondering if I do the process again will it unlock and tell AT&T IF I UPGRADE TO 4.0 OR WILL AT&T ACTIVATE MY IPHONE AND NOT CHANGE THE PLAN TO AN IPHONE PLAN (LIKE IT DID BEFORE) and I don't wanna ever jailbreak again and have no iPhone backup I just need to know if AT&T will switch me to an iPhone plan???

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Why not buy an iPhone 3Gs with your ton of money and be done with it?

3. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

The iPhone 3G doesn't really get any of the new services with 4.0. So if you have tons of money go out and buy a new iPhone 3Gs from At&t and be good to go.

4. sapauley21 macrumors newbie

sapauley21

I think he was saying the iphone was a ton of money...

or he could just wait till june and hope there will be a new iphone..

5. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

Just because I have money...

Why not buy an iPhone 3Gs with your ton of money and be done with it?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, I thought about buying the 3GS but dont want to I would rather use it for a nice iPhone Dev account, can someone please just answer my question? lol

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'm not sure what you expect to get out of developing on a 3G using the 4.0 SDK. There isn't really anything new for you...

But it should work just like it did before. Pop in the SIM, activate the phone, take it back out.

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

The point is, the 4.0 SDK is targeted towards current and future models of the iP/*. You won't be able to get much out of developing for a 3G using the 4.0 SDK. Why not just keep using the current SDK?

8. veo321 thread starter macrumors regular

veo321

I have been working on App's for months and waiting for a new firmware, here it is so yay for me :D

9. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

You should install it on your iPT 3G. That can actually make use of the multitasking, which is the biggest API addition IMHO.