iPad Tricking my ipad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pooleman, May 11, 2013.

1. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Is there a tweak that can fool websites into thinking I'm on a MAC and not my ipad?

2. TC25 macrumors 68020

You don't need a tweak, use the Atomic Web browser.

3. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

Really? Thanks bra

4. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

Atomic Web Browser doesn't work. I'm going to the xfinity website to use "On Demand" since the xfinity app is broken. But the website keeps telling me that I need to download the xfinity app.

5. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

6. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

7. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Are you trying to access flash content? If so you can use Puffin Browser from the App Store. You may or may not need user agent faker if the site is desktop only. I can't remember if puffin has a built in user agent faker. I haven't used that browser in forer now but if the site requires flash then you can use this method. There's a free trial version too. If you don't need flash then I'm confused as to what exactly you're trying to accomplish.

8. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

Yes. Flash content.

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Then the Puffin Browser should play the flash content for you.

10. caribsa macrumors regular

XCON 38 works with xfinity apps. Download XCON from Cydia and you will be able to use the app.

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

What browser did you tell the Atomic Browser to simulate?

Why didn't you say you needed to access Flash content instead of stating you needed to fool websites into thinking you were coming from you Mac? They're two different things?

12. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

Ill try that

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

XCon only lets the app work breaking the JB detection, it does nothing for Flash content.

Puffin works for flash content.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That has nothing to do with fooling sites that you're using a Mac:)

15. caribsa, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013

caribsa macrumors regular

Yeah but he or she having problems with the xfinity app and I also have that app and it did not work until the xcon 38. Eventhough for me, I've been very involved on his GitHub for xcon and the app was fixed weeks before the actual release on Cydia.

As for other browsers, I have 2 that I bought. Pufin for flash because my kids school system portal runs on flash. I need Pufin to check on their grades and put money on their accounts for meals. It will not fool the system for apps like xfinity but you will be able to browse flash websites.
    The other one is Mercury and you can fool the system into thinking you are on a Mac or Windows PC. But that is just for website that wants to force you into their mobile version, It will not play a flash video while it's doing that because you can't install flash on the iPad. You will get the link to download flash player when you fooling the system but when you hit it, you'll get in error message that it's unable to download for your particular device. I use it for a website that I frequent that seems to detect that I'm on an iPad and automatically push me on their light mobile version which I hate. I usually fools it into thinking I'm on a Mac using the Mercury Web browser and I get the full website version.

16. pooleman thread starter Suspended

pooleman

Xcon got the xfinity app working again. Thanks.