Tricky Iphone problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nat-han, Apr 23, 2011.

1. nat-han macrumors newbie

So heres the story, yesterday me and my girlfriend bought an Iphone of craigslist (verizon). it was jailbroken but in working condition. I was going to reverse the jailbraking and then restore it to the default setting for her last night but she said "no just do it tomorrow" but while I was at work to day I got a call from her saying "I think I broke the Iphone". She tried to hard reboot the the phone and I guess it wasn't working for her so she went in to the settings and cleared everything. I think its now what you guys refer to as "bricked". I've looked up how to fix a bricked iphone, but the computer wont recognize the Iphone when its plugged in. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Nate

2. Frank.avilla08 macrumors member

Well..

If it's just showing the apple logo on it. hold the home and power button till it goes dark, onces it's off, hold the home button and connect it to iTunes (still holding down the button) . It should force the phone into recovery and iTunes should be able to recognize it. Then just restore. :)

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Bricks only happen with hardware issues. Unless your girlfriend threw it off a 50 story building or dunked it in water, it was not bricked.
    Don't be ignorant.

4. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

Actually, I thought you could brick a thing by messing with its firmware

5. Krandor macrumors 6502

It is really really tough to actually "brick" an iPhone. In most every case you can go to DFU mode (as the posted above described how to do) and restore the phone.