Trident Aegis Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cardinalryan, Sep 27, 2012.

1. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I picked up a Ballistic Smooth Series case and I really like it.

I'm going to grab one more case for outdoors stuff, but don't want something as big as an Otterbox Defender.

I spotted this case from Trident and I'm thinking of buying it, but before, wanted to run it by the people in this forum and see if you guys have had any experience with Trident cases, positive or negative.

This one looks about as thin as you are going to get and still get adequate protection...hopefully some of you can give some good input on Trident quality.
    3176-large-c76bfff7-85ee-47b1-823e-d559eaeddac4.jpg 3176-large-9406f75f-4fb8-46fa-b8c3-d7b940ead324.jpg
    http://www.tridentcase.com/shop-products/apple-iphone-5/aegis-case-apple-iphone-5.aspx

2. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Just picked this up in black. Good quality. Covers everything and even has dust filters where speakers are located and all ports are covered. Only downside seems to be the very soft silicone part which attracts tons of dirt and dust, and I'm not sure how durable it is. But I guess that's always an issue with very soft silicone. Seems to be great protection and keeps the phone fairly thin. Will see how it goes. I wanted to keep my Otterbox Defender because I much prefer the almost plastic like rubber they are using now, but I put a skin on the phone and it's just a little too tight I think.

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Not a bad looking case if you are ok with a little extra bulk.

4. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

I find these kinda cases hideous. No offense.

5. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

6. RickG macrumors regular

I got one and returned it - the rubber is supper loose.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

amen. it looks like a door scanner from Halo.