Tried a Magic Trackpad today... and ended up buying one

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wrldwzrd89, Feb 4, 2011.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Now I'm using it as my primary pointing device on my Snow Leopard Mac. It really has to be experienced to get the full effect - I have not used a MacBook or MacBook Pro touchpad yet, so I'm new to the whole multi-touch thing. However, after just a few minutes with it, I fell in love with the darn thing - it's WAY cool to be able to do so much with just your fingers.

That said, I am having some trouble with it, and would like your advice: Right-clicking with the device isn't as easy as it first seems, and I do that quite often on one web-based RPG that adds its own custom right-click menu to the chat interface. First of all, I find that I have to do an odd "fake" click and drag gesture to get the right-click menu to stick around after I summon it (two fingers to right-click, thumb holding down the bottom of the device), and then it's an effort to keep it around while I look for the option I want. The web-based RPG in question is The Kingdom of Loathing, made by Asymmetric Publications, Inc. Anyone else had similar problems? Got suggestions? I'm all ears, so to speak.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Download BetterTouchTool so that you can customize it to your heart's content.

I've been using a Magic Mouse for a year, and got a Magic Trackpad 5-6 months ago. I ended up returning it after a couple of weeks. I found that it made my wrist sore from hovering my hand above it. I prefer the MM.

I do like the trackpad on my MBP, but I suppose my hand is in a different position when I use that. my wrist doesn't get sore from using my MBP.

The MM and Magic Trackpad are crippled until you utilize BTT.