Tried Apple watch today at store....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macguy360, Apr 28, 2015.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

and to be honest... I liked it. I think it is a good device. I would get one if it were available right now for purchase, but I don't feel such a drive to get it that I will pre-order it.

Funny thing was, I asked kind of blindly to an Apple employee "Do you have any in stock for sale?" and she responded "Oh no, we are selling it online only to prevent any lines" and kind of waves her arm across in a motion as if there would be a big crowd of people lined up if it weren't for the online exclusive sale of the device. Ironically, not a single person was even checking out the watches, yet the store was completely packed. She even went on to try and push me to sign up for an appointment to try on a watch. I almost laughed at her at that moment as 3 Apple employees were standing at the watches waiting for interested customers yet no one was even interested in doing a try on appointment. It's like walking into an empty restaurant at 7pm and the hostess telling you that you need to make a reservation because they are so busy.

I wanted to tell her "You know, if Apple products get sold online only then Apple won't have much of a need for physical stores," but Que Sera Sera

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm sure they want to get this in stores as soon as possible, but with supply so constrained they decided the online-only approach is best for the time being.

3. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Yeah. This is great. Blows away the Moto 360 in regards to screen and functionality.