Tried Beta, Want to develop for 3.0 for now

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ArtOfWarfare, Apr 25, 2010.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I have the iPhone 4.0 SDK installed on my computer but would like to make an application for iPhone OS 3.1.3. I do have that SDK installed (or at least I did prior to installing the one for 4.0,) and found how to make my Base SDK 3.1.3 and my target 3.1.3, but the blank templates seem to crash when I run them using the iPhone 3.1.3 simulator.

I'm given this error:
    What do I need to change for the blank iPhone 4.0 template to run under the 3.1.3 simulator?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. AndyCodez macrumors regular

You will need to re-install 3.2/3.1.3 sdk to do this. 4.0 is for testing anything built with this cannot be submitted to the app store regardless of what it was built FOR. It matters what its built WITH. I found out the hard way when I only had the beta for the iPad but I wanted to release an update for my 3.1.2 application.

Then I had to re-download 3.1.3 at the time lol.

Now when i have a beta I have two separate installs, one beta, one dev.

4. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll redownload the old sdk then...

What alternative would you propose? I had a valid question, it got no answer, and fell to page four after two days. The way I see it, I can either make a new topic (which I know is frowned upon,) or bump it back to the front page.

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Don't assume that by posting here you are entitled to an answer.

Bumping is also frowned upon.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

The only alternative is to followup post with some pertinent information that amounts to something more than "bump". For more information, see the Forum Rules, Minor Things, #11.