Hi All This is my first post and I'm keen to join the Mac fraternity. In January I ordered a 24" 2.4 imac online but to my disappointment it had a really bad gradient. I'm not someone extremely picky but it was obvious at all but maximum brightness. I had high hopes for the replacement but it was the same and also made a significant buzz in comparison to the first which was perfectly silent. I decided not to opt for a third. I had intended to make a complete switch to Mac starting with an imac and then eventually getting a macbook. My predicament is that, where as previously a laptop would not have been essential, my situation has changed and now it is. Do people think that imac screen issues will be ironed out with future revisions ?. If this was the case I would buy the macbook now and imac at a later date. This would be my preferred option as I really liked the imac and want to get into light photo/video editing. If the screen problems are likely to persist I would just buy a macbook pro as my single computer. I am in Ireland and have no apple store where it might be possible to check a screen prior to purchase. Should I give the imac another try?. Any thoughts appreciated.