Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Wen I double click it to open it, nothing happens. It doesn't say it's open or anything in the menu bar. When I do the force quit thing, all that is says is open is the Finder. I tried to delete it and that says it can't be deleted because the program is open. Activity Monitor said it was running though. I was able to quit it there and delete it but how is it useable?

Edit; I have a 15" macbook pro that i got a week ago.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
Wen I double click it to open it, nothing happens. It doesn't say it's open or anything in the menu bar. When I do the force quit thing, all that is says is open is the Finder. I tried to delete it and that says it can't be deleted because the program is open. Activity Monitor said it was running though. I was able to quit it there and delete it but how is it useable?

Edit; I have a 15" macbook pro that i got a week ago.

When SMC Fan Control is running, look to the right side of the menu bar. It should show the current temperature and the fan speed. The app never opens any windows (unless you count its preferences window).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.