Tried to do a clean install, now my partition doesn't work. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by forgotmyusernam, Jul 25, 2012.

1. forgotmyusernam macrumors newbie

Hi guys.

I'm running a 2011 MacBook Air with an FileVault 2 encrypted hard drive. I tried to install Mountain Lion as a clean install, and figured I might as well overwrite the hard drive with one pass of zeros. When I tried to do this in Disk Utility I got an error complaining about "storage" something (Sorry I don't remember the error any longer) and after that my disk partition didn't show in the side bar of Disk Utility any longer.

I can't change partitions on the hard drive since the partition has to be unlocked first, which is impossible when it doesn't show :) When I try to boot into my user it simply spins forever and then shows a stop sign. When I use internet recovery it gives up after pointing to apple.com/support - I've also tried resetting PRAM and SMC.

Any ideas if there's anything I can do or will I have to take it in for repair tomorrow?

2. forgotmyusernam thread starter macrumors newbie

Up. I'm in Safari guest mode at the moment, which works fine. I guess it's because it doesn't use the disk.

3. forgotmyusernam thread starter macrumors newbie

Would it be idiotic to try to initiate a remote wipe via iCloud's Find My Mac?

4. mehrab macrumors newbie

I have a same problem here

I have a same problem here