Tried to fix iPhone 3g.. made it worse, plz help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bee-rye, Mar 19, 2010.

1. bee-rye macrumors newbie

I just replaced the screen on my phone last week so my roommate asked me to look at his phone which had a partially unresponsive screen. I took the screen off to check the cables and when I put it back together it won't turn on at all. I've tried holding the home and power buttons down and restoring through itunes and neither works.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

2. I3eXa macrumors 6502

unfortunately you're probably gonna have the take it back apart and unplug/replug in or make sure all connections are connected because something isn't working...

3. bee-rye thread starter macrumors newbie

I've taken it back apart and rechecked the cables several times... if the screen was unresponsive would this be a screen issue or an lcd issue?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bring it to Apple for an out of warranty replacement for $200

5. I3eXa macrumors 6502

did you use an esd strap or just start man handling all the pieces? might have shocked something.

6. vinestreet macrumors newbie

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if the screen was not responding initially it may be the same issue. you will need to replace the touchscreen and you should be ok. make sure the phone is off before you take it apart because when you hook up #3 it will most likely blow the proximity sensor then you wont be able to hear out of your speaker. if you dont know what you are doing you need to find a repair shop in your area and they can fix it. the repair should be around $100 for a new Apple Screen. if it is alot less then beware because they are using a copy off eBay. the aftermarket screens dont always line up correctly when replacing it and they usually quit working within a few months.