Tried to get 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by radmonkeyx, Jun 23, 2009.

1. radmonkeyx macrumors member

Sorry, I did a search but did not find what I was looking. Dont flame me to much if I missed it, sorry.

I bought the 2g the day it came out. I bought the 3g the day it came out. Apple said I was not elligable for 3gs 16g $199 price until March. I have not purchased any other phones since. Did I lose my upgrade when I bought the 3g? I thought they did not take the upgrade from you when you got the 3g. Did I miss something. Was going to call ATT but thought I would see if anyone else was in my boat. Thanks for any help

2. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Your bill has to be at least $99/month in order to qualify for the upgrade at a cheaper price.

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

You signed a new 2 year contract when you bought the 3G.

4. radmonkeyx thread starter macrumors member

thanks, our bill is about $200 a month for 3 lines with taxes and everything

5. sgrizzle macrumors member

sgrizzle

Not "our" bill. YOUR bill. It sounds like you're one of the secondary lines and only racking up $40/mo.

6. williamgallas10 macrumors regular

You signed a 2yr contract when you bought the iPhone 3g at the discount price. It's only been one year so far. When your contract is up, or even earlier you can get the 3gs at discount price.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You missed the obvious. You bought the 3G for the subsidized price which means you started a new 2-year contract.

Or did you think that half the price of your 2G occurred with magic?

8. SeanMcC macrumors regular

You should call AT&T and find out what's up. My situation is almost identical to yours, but I was eligible to upgrade.

Have family plan, about $200/month bill.

Got iPhone 2G a few months after it came out.
    Got iPhone 3G on launch day.
    Got iPhone 3G S on launch day for $199/$299 pricing.

9. radmonkeyx thread starter macrumors member

i will call to see what i find out. maybe i will get lucky. thanks for the help and replies

10. encircle macrumors newbie

I'm confused. You cannot upgrade on a family talk plan to the 3GS unless my line is $99 a month? This might be why apple canceled my order!

11. sgrizzle macrumors member

sgrizzle

Upgrade date is prorated based on how much you spend per line. If you spend $99/mo or more you can upgrade after a year. For instance, my wife and I are on a shared plan and I was able to upgrade last week, but her line (secondary) isnt upgradeable until March.

12. encircle macrumors newbie

But this doesn't apply to lines that are already eligible for an upgrade, right? You don't have to be eligible and spend $99 a month do you?

13. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

This is exactly what is happening with me. I could upgrade, but not her. So I just bought her the phone anyways.

14. sgrizzle macrumors member

sgrizzle

no

15. sgrizzle macrumors member

sgrizzle

You're a better man than I. My wife i still on her 3g.

16. baydogan macrumors newbie

if you go online @ att.com and login, you can see the prices you qualify for.