iPad Tried to install flash and now get error on websites.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by getstuff4less, Mar 17, 2013.

1. getstuff4less macrumors member

Attached Files:

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Open cydia and uninstall Frash, respring or reboot your device and you should have it uninstalled

As far as I'm aware, there is no such thing as flash for iOS devices. Apple will not work together with adobe to develop flash for the devices. I think flash has been stopped for android OS too for quite some time

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Yup Flash is dead. In fact, Adobe is pushing a new software they created which coverts a website's flash content to HTML5.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

that's neat! I wonder how that would work for the flash content that involve dragging (such as flash content games). Granted, I don't play them but I'm curious to know how that would work with touch. How shall it differentiate between dragging in the game or scrolling/swiping the webpage.

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

If you do need to view websites that still are using flash content, you can try a third party browser like Photon, which is available in the App Store. It works pretty well.

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

As of right now it will not work on flash games. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

7. TheShadowXX macrumors regular

I didn't have good experiences with Photon. I suggest trying Puffin browser, which imo is way better.

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Frash has not been updated or used since the 1st Ipad came out.. Frash was a old comex project. on another note even Adobe is starting to abandon flash.

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I agree, a couple years ago when flash was more important, I used Puffin. But nowadays, I never visit a website that requires flash so I just use Safari. I'm shocked at how much better my safari experience has been on 6.1.2. It's sooo much better on 6.1.2 than it ever was on 5.1.1. I only use my beloved Dolphin Browser to download files when iFile doesn't work in safari.

But yea, I co-sign puffin. They have a 2 week trial too.

10. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If you don't mind me asking, what's the big difference in safari between iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 6.1.2?

The last safari I used was with iOS 4.1 and it was a nightmare compared to iOS 3.1.2's safari. But it was more so the device than the OS (2nd gen iPod touch; constant crashes/lagginess due to the lack of RAM)

12. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Its just noticeably faster and smoother really. No real hang ups and my interactions with text fields are less of a struggle.

Basically it's just a much better experience than it was on 5.1.1.