tried to install windows 7 failure

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tcawrse05, Jan 30, 2009.

1. tcawrse05 macrumors newbie

ok I have a mac mini (first time user) and I'm liking it so far ... until now ... I tried to install windows 7 beta w/ bootcamp and when it restarted it told me to choose boot type 1 or 2 and now the mac won't accept input and I can't get the CD out so I could start my mac up like normal is there a manual override to eject the CD?

2. tcawrse05 thread starter macrumors newbie

another thought

I was also just wondering if there was a way to prevent the CD from booting up first ... you know w/ PCs you can go into the BIOS and have the CD boot up after the hard drive, I think that would also solve my problem ... I think I'm just going to put windows 7 beta on my laptop instead (it's a dell).

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Hold down the Option key on boot, you should get a screen to choose if you want to boot from CD, OS X partition, or Windows partition (if you already made it).

4. tcawrse05 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a Million

Hey Thanks a million I have a logitech keyboard and sometimes the buttons are switched around for mac settings but the alt button did the trick ... thanks for the idea