Tried to install XP without OSX install Disk.... Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Arnthor, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Arnthor macrumors newbie

Ive come home from uni for the weekend and ive brought my Mac Book Pro with me and while i was here i thought id install XP on it. However i left my OSX install disk back at my room at uni, so instead i downloaded (what i belivie) to be the Bootcamp XP drivers that would be on the OSX installation disk.

So ive used Bootcamp and partictind the drive (32GB) and installed XP. I have the Bootcamp XP drivers on my USB stick, however when i try to open or run then files it does nothing just absolutly nothing :mad: I think i should also mention that the XP disk i had already has everything updated to SP3.

On top of that it gives me no option to boot back into OSX when i reset my MBP. Is there anyway to force it to boot back into OSX? When i get back to uni and insert my OSX install disk will it fix these problems?

Thanks in advance, ive been pretty stupid today. :(

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You should be able to hold the option key when boot and get back to OSX

If not, you've got bigger problems

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Arnthor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much! Itsnow booting into OSX :D Didn't know about that key. Once i get back to uni and put my OSX installation CD in will it install everything and fix it?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys