Tried to torrent Leopard, ended up with white text.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by milkmaidquartet, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milkmaidquartet macrumors newbie

So i've had my macbook for 10.4 tiger for a while now, but recently I decided to upgrade to Leopard. I downloaded Transmission and torrented the file for about 3 days and got a finished iso file. I used my ipod as an external hard drive and followed all the steps in disk utility then did a disk start up with the ipod. It showed me a bunch of white text and a black background when starting up again and took me too a leopard installation screen, i thought i had made it. After trying the installation about 3 times because it kept failing on the "Volume/Macintosh HD" halfway through, I restarted the computer and now it just gives me a bunch of white text with a black background. I'm now not able to leave this screen. Towards the bottom it says Darwin Kernal Verson 8.11.1 so i'm thinking this may be a kernal panic. Help?

I'd be totally surprised if anyone would read all this and help me, but it'd be nice. Thank you.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Do not ask for help about pirating anything here on MacRumors. It's against the rules.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

we dont help with piracy

go buy it if you want it

4. milkmaidquartet thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that. I'm new to this forum because i wanted some help, but i'll go to my Apple store today and see if I can get this repaired somehow. THEN i will buy Leopard.

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I won't help you install leopard, but the text you are seeing is likely verbose startup information.

Does anything else appear after you attempt a normal boot?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks for your understanding -- please feel free to start a new thread if you have any continued trouble with installing the purchased copy of Leopard. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.