Trigger pulled, how to get started

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tsl90, Jun 27, 2007.

1. tsl90 macrumors member

Supposedly will have my MBP sometime b/n 7/6 and 7/11. First Mac for me. Any good places to look for learning Mac OS?

I'm worried I'll have a frustrating few weeks ahead and any of these type of resources will help keep me from clogging this forum with lots of silly questions.

Thanks in advance.

TL

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Welcome to the Mac world. I know you will enjot it, and you will have very little plroblems getting started. Ask all the questions you need, we will be glad to answer.

3. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

please, look at the forums here, and the stickies have great advice, plus so many knowledgeable mac ppl here.

are you interested in books? http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/switchmacmm2/ browse around o'reily, they have great books about os x 10.4 basics all the way up to UNIX for OSX, Perl, etc. etc.

4. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Just remember, there are no silly questions, just silly people :D (Just kidding)
    If you've come over from the dark side, make friends with the Apple support pages, specifically "Switch 101". If you're familiar with the world of Mac and want to know more, get to "Mac 101". When you feel more comfortable, go into their technical pages and discussion lists.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I agree, those pages, along with the Guides available here, are extraordinarily helpful.