TRIM enabled, or is it?

herr lofi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hi,

Finally got my SSD today and installed it. Did a fresh install of Lion and upgraded to Mavericks. Enabled TRIM in Terminal and rebooted. However, it still says in System Report, under SATA/SATA Express, that TRIM is disabled.

I've read that in Mavericks it may show that it is disabled when it is actually not, and you should do a before/after benchmark.

Is there another way?

SSD is the Samsung 840 Evo 500g.

Thanks,
Sebastian

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi,

Finally got my SSD today and installed it. Did a fresh install of Lion and upgraded to Mavericks. Enabled TRIM in Terminal and rebooted. However, it still says in System Report, under SATA/SATA Express, that TRIM is disabled.

I've read that in Mavericks it may show that it is disabled when it is actually not, and you should do a before/after benchmark.

Is there another way?

SSD is the Samsung 840 Evo 500g.

Thanks,
Sebastian
Terminal might be a bit dodgy in enabling TRIM sometimes.

Download Cindori's TRIM Enabler and you'll be fine.

RareTBone

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Tampa, FL
Trim Issue - Solved

I can help you and this works. Go to:

http://www.cindori.org/software/trimenabler/

Download Trimenabler, install it, click the switch to enable trim.

I have the exact same drive just the 1TB. I bought 2 so my Mac Pro has 2TB now, 2 separate drives. This worked so easily...no editing in Terminal required.

Enjoy :cool:

Last edited:

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I can help you and this works. Go to:

http://www.cindori.org/software/trimenabler/

Download Trimenabler, install it, click the switch to enable trim.

I have the exact same drive just the 1TB. I bought 2 so my Mac Pro has 2TB now, 2 separate drives. This worked so easily...no editing in Terminal required.

Enjoy :cool:
That was what I just said in my post above yours - use TRIM Enabler from Cindori.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.