trim quicktime movie w/o recompressing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gnomeisland, May 13, 2009.

1. gnomeisland macrumors 6502

I need to quickly trim 7 frames off the beginning of a screen cast. I need to do EXACTLY 7 frames and the movie is perfect. I have all the pro tools but can't come up with a way to do it with FCP or compressor without having to recompress. Quicktime Pro will do it but not with the accuracy I need.

Basically I goofed and caught an extra seven frames. Its maddening because I don't have time to recompress or recapture but if I could get rid/hide those frames the movie would be fine. Sigh. If anyone has any ideas, even if they don't come in time, it would be nice to know.

2. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

QTPro can't do frame-accurate..?

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Open it up in QT Pro. At the left of the timeline there are two tabs back to back. Drag the right tab to the end, then select the left tab. Click on the time display, choose 'Frame Number'. Then press the right arrow 7 times.

Done.

5. gnomeisland thread starter macrumors 6502

I swear I tried that and it just moved the playhead but not the cut mark. Oh, well, you're right it seems to work now. Thanks for the help!

6. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Once you cut the frames, you should be able to export it with quicktime, and select "pass through" in the video and audio codec settings.

7. jackerin macrumors 6502a

... if it is an MPEG-4 movie.