Trimmed/cut portion of video still appears on iPod Classic

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mickhyperion, May 16, 2008.

1. mickhyperion macrumors regular

mickhyperion

I have trimmed or cut portions off of several different .m4v and .mp4 videos, yet when I load them onto my iPod Classic the cut portions are still there!

These portions do not appear when I play the videos in Quicktime, iTunes, iMovie, or any other video program I have tried.

Not only does the edited footage remain, but the video part plays at a super fast speed while the audio plays at normal speed and reflects the editing I have done on the clip. Once the video catches up to the audio, everything plays in sync at the proper speed. I have tried this with several different video clips now and I get the same result each time.

- I have used Quicktime to edit them as well as MPEG Streamclip.
    - I have tried trimming the original clip and doing a "Save As"
    - I have tried cutting the footage I want to keep from the original clip and pasting it into a new clip.

The only way I can get the video to play normally in the iPod Classic is to reconvert it in iTunes to an iPod compatible video, but this recompression process results in terrible video quality.

Has anyone dealt with this and found a solution for it?

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

You didn't say how you "have trimmed or cut portions off" the frame on these videos.

3. mickhyperion thread starter macrumors regular

mickhyperion

Actually, I did. I said...

- I have used Quicktime to edit them as well as MPEG Streamclip
    - I have tried trimming the original clip and doing a "Save As"
    - I have tried cutting the footage I want to keep from the original clip and pasting it into a new clip.

If you're familiar with Quicktime, then you would know about the "Trim to Selection" feature and when I refer to cutting I would think that would be obvious. I have selected a portion of the video and cut it... Cmd-X.

I'm sorry if that's not clear. I'm not sure how much more specific I can be.

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

you have to trim and then Export... no way to do it without recompressing.

5. mickhyperion thread starter macrumors regular

mickhyperion

Thanks. That's unfortunate.

6. motulist macrumors 601

motulist