Trip in October, should the new updated ipods be out then?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by amycishere, Aug 21, 2007.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

In no rush to get one, depending on what new features may be offered, don't even know which one I'm getting. Thank you. Amy

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Maybe

3. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I highly doubt it- I imagine they wouldn't be out until after Thanksgiving, just in time for the holiday rush.

4. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

Yes.

Here's hoping for bluetooth and fm tuners.

Erm, I hate to bust your bubble, but releasing a "holiday item" after Thanksgiving makes no sense. Apple has historically not released products between a week before Thanksgiving until MacWorld. (At least in the recent 5 years).

They will come out September 11, methinks.

-=|Mgkwho

5. RadioStar macrumors member

Rumors are tracking for early September.

Then again, the rumors used to be tracking for August 7, and we all know what happened there. Nobody can say for sure when it'll come out except Stevie J. Before Thanksgiving, though. Guaranteed.

6. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

sometime in september, im thinking this because of the rumors of dwindeling ipod stock at some stores, and apples paris expo, where something "may" be announced... i do hope so cause im so ready for a new ipod...

7. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

It's totally September 11th-

1) That's a Tuesday

2) Apple has been grouping iPod announcements together in the past few years, more and more so. Now they are completely together, and announced in early September. (Yes, three years or so of data, but hey that's all that should count).

3) Plus, October will be devoted to Leopard; build up is an important process for marketing (etc.) and can't have enough time if iPods are released too late in September. (We know they won't be released just before Thanksgiving, as there needs to be ample time to get on wish lists and shoppers' awareness).

Say Leopard is released Friday, October 26. That requires at least two weeks of official announcement time, and two weeks of rumors / potential build up. iPods need to have their moment in the spotlight over by the time the 4-week "Leopard period" begins. Say several weeks after iPods are announced, and that pinpoints the 11th as a likely launch date.

-=|Mgkwho

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

No way, it will come out much earlier than Thanksgiving if they are timing the holiday buying time right. The product first needs to built momentum before being dumped out on the market. It may not be out by the first of October, but certainly by the latter part of it...

9. elcid macrumors 6502

I hope it is the 11th but I doubt it. The promo for free Nanos runs til the 16th. Get rid of stock by the 16th, ship out the new goods and roll em out on the 18th. Thats a lot more likely than starting at a supposed 10.5 release and working backwards ;)