Trip to Shanghai for world expo?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, May 3, 2010.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

So I want to travel somewhere this summer. I found out about the world expo in Shanghai, how it's supposed to be an extravagance. So I checked out the prices for this August, and surprisingly enough it's affordable. But I'm wondering if it's worth going for the world expo? In other words I've planned to go to Toronto and Montreal but both cities will always be there.

Is it worth going to Shanghai for the world expo?

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Shanghai is frikkin craazy. It looks like a city from the future, what with all the sweet looking buildings and all. Worth a visit for sure, especially with the expo.

However, be prepared for a bit of culture shock.

irmongoose

3. bgd macrumors regular

4. gagaliya macrumors 6502

It is the coolest and biggest exhibit ever built in the world, every nation showcases the best they have to offer. Only the chinese could pull off such massive project nowdays, Check out some copy/paste pictures. Truely once a lifetime opportunity.

I am going this month cant wait! but if you can choose go in late august, the expo just opened and it's very very crowded!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. idtaminger macrumors newbie

I've heard that the lines are crazy but the architecture is amazing. So if you want to see Shanghai and the expo from the outside, sure, but if you want to actually go into the exhibits it might turn out to be an exercise in frustration.