Triple Boot Mavs/Yosemite/Windows 7 ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by snsking, Mar 11, 2015.

1. snsking macrumors 6502

snsking

I been using this Mavericks this entire time along with a second partition with Windows 7 (done using Bootcamp assistant)

I got curious about Yosemite and made a third partition on my SSD. Downloaded the Yosemite installer and installed it to the 3rd partition, everything went fine.

However, once I ran Yosemite and played around, I turned off and rebooted to see if my other partitions were intact and fine (using the option key at the reboot)

Everything was there -- had my Mavs partition, had my Windows partition, had my Yosemite partition. However, upon trying to run windows 7 I was prompted with a message that said "boot disk not found" within the windows interface.

I deleted the partition, recreated it via Disk Utility, and tried to run bootcamp again to make my bootable USB to reinstall it. However, 2 things are happening:

1) The option that says "Install windows 7 or later" within Bootcamp assistant is greyed out. This happened after the Yosemite installation. I select option 1 and 2 and let that run all the way through.

2) When I do boot into Windows Installation Prompt after the USB boots up, my mouse and keyboard are not recognized at all. Again, this is the first time this happened.

So my question is, is it possible to triple boot? I mean I am getting into the windows 7 installation screen -- however i cant click anything because nothing is being recognized

Any help will be appreciated

2. snsking thread starter macrumors 6502

snsking

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Having more than two partitions with an existing Boot Camp partition will destroy the Boot Camp side.

4. snsking thread starter macrumors 6502

snsking

I figured thats what happened. So i deleted it, and recreated a fresh partition. Now I get as far as the installation screen for windows 7, but keyboard and mouse dont work