Triple Click not working for Microsoft Word on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by salilsurendran, Dec 19, 2015.

1. salilsurendran macrumors newbie

Hello,

When I triple click on a line in Microsoft Word in Mac I expect the whole line to be selected but that doesn't happen. Works in every other app. Can anyone help?

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

Word on both OS platforms has had the same selection method for lines since I started using the app in the late 80s - move your cursor to the left of the line you want to select until it points upward-and-leftward then single-click. QED. Word has never followed the OS conventions, and the current Mac versions still have Carbon in them so, lot's of legacy code...

I created a VB module and assigned a keyboard shortcut to make that selection, along with a bunch of other modules to expedite my workflow. Time with the mouse is time not typing - you likely can't mod the GUI but you can make changes via VB and Word's Keyboard Shortcuts.

3. CreatorCode macrumors regular

CreatorCode

Triple-click should select paragraphs, not lines. Assuming that's what you meant, is this 2011 or 2016? Does it apply to all documents, or just one?