triple system - windows boot on macbook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chagla, Mar 29, 2008.

1. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

as I understand, Time machine is a file backup utility. not system. so it can't be restored in case of a disaster. eliminates Mac from being the main os on my macbook.

thank god for switching from PPC->intel. i can install Windows natively on the macbook. then install vmware and emulate leopard with opensuse linux. great. i can also backup the entire SYSTEM with all 3 operating systems. and the best part, i can take the backup with me anywhere, and put it on any PC.

another biggest reason for not using leopard natively is because, for arguments sake, say there is indeed a system backup tool for mac, fine. i install all 3 os's, and creat a backup. but when it comes to restoring, guess what? i can ONLY put in another mac. what if my important files are there? i can't restore in case my hardware fails. i have to buy another mac. wow.

not so if i use windows as host and the other two as guest.
    at this point, i'm just trying to locate the drivers. after that, i'm all set!
    wuhu.

2. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I hardly understood the point of this thread. I've got two theories as to what your trying to do

1) your explaining why you dont use time machine

or

2) your trolling and bragging about hwo you dont use OS X, and not serving any purpose, just simply pointing out that you dont use OS X.

I dont wanna accuse you of anything, but this thread didnt make much sense.

3. chagla thread starter macrumors 6502a

chagla

well hello apple fan, the point was, if a mac os x expert could help me find a way that allows me to have the FLEXIBILITY mentioned on my post.
    but thanks for your illuminating contribution.

i'm still hoping someone else can enlighten me.
    thanks.