Tripod mount

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kat.hayes, Mar 16, 2016.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

id like to get a tripod mount for an old ipad2, iPad Air 2 and iPad pro, though the mount fitting the pro is not as important. I plan to use the mount with a mini tripod to show videos to a toddler while she is eating and to mount it to a full size tripod to use while doing photography with a dslr. I'm very concerned with stability, as I obviously do not want the iPad to fall out of the mount and break. I spent time on Amazon reading reviews, though it seems that there are tons of bogus reviews and it's just hard to determine which mounts might be good.

Anyone have any experience with any of them?

Thanks.

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Since you're very concerned with stability, I would stay away from mini tripods. The Apple Store has many choices available in my area. I would start there. Joby makes good mounts and stands behind their products but has nothing for an ipad pro

3. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

No experience with iPads (my first-gen iPad has no camera), but the physics are pretty straightforward. Since the iPad-oriented devices tend to be clamps, I'd be less concerned about the iPad falling out of the clamp than I would about an iPad on the mini-tripod being too top-heavy.

I'd go with an easel-type stand when showing to a toddler (like Apple's Smart Covers and Smart Cases) - it's likely to be more stable than a tripod, because of the lower center of gravity. Neither mini-tripod or easel will prevent a child from reaching out and grabbing the thing - at least when they grab, how far will the iPad fall?