Tripple 27" Cinema Display mount/arm?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by artherd, May 20, 2013.

1. artherd macrumors member

I've got 3x 27" Cinema Displays and I'd like to clean up my desk and mount them all on an arm and suspend that arm from the ceiling.

Stuff like this exists, but the Cinema Displays are HEAVY. Anybody done this for reals?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E9VF1U?tag=intercept-kb-20

2. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

I started to do that - and then I moved to a bigger house. When I did it I got all technical about weights, suspensions, and materials. I wanted to suspend a digi/beta (video) deck and an Amiga CRT monitor - maybe network cables and hub too. I got the C-Beams in place with custom lighting and ceiling texturing and then we decided to move to a better location. :) Seemed like it would have worked well tho.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I have 3 on a desk mount, but I don't see why you couldn't hang it instead. I have a Chief setup.

KTA1014B pole
    KTA325B monitor arm

4. jasonvp macrumors 6502a

jasonvp

I have that exact Ergotron unit holding up 2 27" panels (non-Apple). A third panel on it would be a bit of a stretch from a real estate perspective. It could easily hold it from a mass perspective, though. Those Ergotrons are heavy duty and tough as hell.

If you do go that path, have some help when it comes time to lift it up into place. And don't try to do so until you have all of the panels mounted on it due to balance. Um... just trust me on that one. :)

jas

5. artherd thread starter macrumors member

6. dmax35 macrumors 6502

I posted a link to monitors in motion, they have a few on their site.

7. artherd thread starter macrumors member

Bit the bullet on a Boa III. Will review when it arrives.