trippy...baby with 2 faces

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Keebler, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Wow, I hope she's okay too. The mother seems to have taken it quite well (skim-reading).

BTW, it might be worth editing your post, that link contains some pretty graphic images...

3. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Interesting. I noticed the baby has a prominent dimple right in the middle hehe. I'm glad her parents and village are viewing this in a positive light. I hope the child is loved, accepted, and well cared for. Being thought of as a deity may be difficult shoes to fill, but I hope she's healthy and happy.

4. 1Life macrumors member

I guess being two-faced really pays off if you're in the right place.

5. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

graphic? i didn't think they were graphic. I think most ppl will look for the images. Sorry..>I didn't even think it was bad - definitely different to look at.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Graphic? How?
    It shows what you'd expect if you followed the link.
    A picture of a girl with two faces.
    :confused::confused:

7. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Wow - poor kid. I agree with the above poster, it's good they're looking at it in a positive light.

8. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

A much better light than the kid is going to take it, I'm sure.

Do these kids typically survive?

9. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Woah.

That's very interesting. I wonder what her field of vision is like... Does she have to tongues? Can she talk? Which mouth do you choose to eat from? Does she have two set of teeth? Jaws?

10. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Wow. I must admit I was expecting to be 'horrified,' and maybe its because of the culture I am in, where abnormalities are often laughed at and people are ostracized who have them. I was actually very impressed with the positive reaction by the community and outpouring of goodwill. While potentially such a sad story, this one seems like it will involve a pretty good life for the baby. Hopefully it will continue that way.

11. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

My mom did foster care for severely developmentally disabled infants and children when I was growing up. I've seen babies with far more severe deformities than this little girl, and many of them survived into adulthood. Often, these kids have a lot of other health issues as well, and it saddens me that the father has chosen not to have her examined to determine the extent.

She looks to be quite young for them to notice in interacting with her whether or not she's experiencing further issues. They mentioned she hasn't had any breathing difficulties, and is acting as any other baby would, so these are both good indicators that she may be okay, (at least for now).

It will be interesting to see if her field of vision (which will be normal to her), will allow her to interpret and interact with her world as you or I do. Since she's not going from experiencing things with 2 eyes to suddenly having 4, she won't know that her field of vision is different, and will likely adapt to her surroundings, assuming she has proper vision. If not, then they'll need a creative optician to create special lenses for her.

I'm interested in seeing her develop, and whether or not she'll be able to walk, talk, hear, see well, smell, and grow at typical rates. Based on how her family/community have embraced her so far, I hope as she grows up, she will also take on a positive attitude about her appearance.

12. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I was wondering that two, they said her eyes seemed to open together, I wonder if all 4 can see!

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Very fascinating. I too am very curious about her anatomy. Both of her mouths work and all 4 eyes open and close. The human brain has amazing plasticity. It would be fascinating to study her and see how she develops. What kind of functions does she have? Are there are any impairments?

This makes you wonder...remember that 6 arm girl in the news a few months ago?

14. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Isn't India the same place where the girl was born with like 8 arms last year?

15. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Kind of makes you wonder what's in the water in India.

16. weckart macrumors 68040

Lets hope she won't need glasses. Might prove a struggle finding a pair to fit.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Playing Hide and Seek with this girl would be a pain in the ass. I wonder if she could see more than 270º around her.

18. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Union Carbide perhaps?
    :(

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm glad that they're being positive about it, i hope she stays healthy and has as much of a 'normal' life as possible.

20. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Even with two faces I still find that baby girl adorable.

She will have many challenges in her life, but she will be able to fight through them.

21. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

According to the article, she blinks all four eyes at the same time.

That would take some getting used to.

22. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

23. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

images are "graphic", no?

24. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Yeh thanks for that :rolleyes:

25. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

for who? because she wouldn't know any different.