Trojan connection Fail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joe01, Feb 12, 2009.

1. joe01 macrumors member

joe01

Is there anything i can do to remove whats left of the trojan? Restore?

Attached Files:

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

did you use the removal tool to get to this state, or what??

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

What trojan are you talking about? What does this screen shot show?

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its very unlikely you got a trojan, theres only one active one around for Macs at the moment, compared to the thousands for Windows, and if you did get the one going around it was because you were illegaly downloading the iWork 09 software suite.

Perhaps start by telling us what your problem is and we'll find the solution for you, not everything that goes wrong is a trojan.

[​IMG]

5. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I like your picture. Seems like me at times :D

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

uuuhh thats not a trojan :rolleyes:

its clearly just a computer that was found on your computer by either bonjour or another file sharing service (FTP or something similar to that).

do you know what a trojan is?? its a virus that infects your computer and tries to steal bank details, email passwords etc...

7. johto macrumors 6502

johto

From Wiki:

Trojan horse, also known as a trojan, describes a class of computer threats (malware) that appears to perform a desirable function but in fact performs undisclosed malicious functions that allow unauthorized access to the host machine.

For example, if a computer game is designed such that, when executed by the user, it opens a back door that allows a hacker to control the computer of the user, then the computer game is said to be a Trojan horse.

However, if the computer game is legitimate, but was infected by a virus, then it is not a Trojan horse, regardless of what the virus may do when the game is executed. The term is derived from the classical story of the Trojan Horse.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Thats not a trojan. Simply another PC on your LAN.

9. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

well i was close :p the things i described all wanted to get into the computer and open gateways to steal stuff/information/data etc.

ding ding ding ding thats it! i wouldnt even be worried, althought.. maybe someone hacked into the wireless LAN and is using your internet :rolleyes:

10. Makosuke macrumors 603

That's a possibility, though I know some ISPs (my parents' SuddenLink cable, to name one) have your entire neighborhood as part of the same subnet, with no filtering, so that sidebar will show the computers of anyone within some distance of your house who's not hiding behind a router or firewall. Were that the OP's case I'd expect to see more than one, though.

Weirded me out the first time I saw it; "Hey, mom, who's Bob and why can you see his iMac from here?"

11. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wow that is incredibly wierd!!! i guess they have their own logic for doing that though.. ive never ever seen anyone elses computers but my own and my friends. haha. i guess with cable it would be a different story though.

wierd. :confused: