Trojans on Macbook Pro, don't know how to remove

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by butterflyv, Jan 13, 2014.

1. butterflyv, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014

butterflyv macrumors newbie

Hi, not sure if this is the place to post, please point me to the correct location if it's not. I did a search here and couldn't quite find a similar thread so here I go...

I was getting this weird thing where ads were playing on my computer but there were no windows open that would do that so I did a scan with Symantec and found I had a bunch of trojans and other junk. Symantec couldn't repair them and so here I am looking for some help. I've posted my log below. Can anyone please help?!

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

SInce all those .exe files are Windows executables, you do not need to worry, that that Windows malware can harm your Mac OS X computer.

Maybe use Symantec to remove that instead of repairing something, that does not need a repair?

To learn more about malware in Mac OS X and what steps can be taken to protect yourself, read the following F.A.Q.:

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

4. butterflyv thread starter macrumors newbie

Deleting not working

I did try manually deleting those items and they just come back....

----------

I do have Parallels on this machine. But it's not running and I keep getting that problem where an audio ad starts to play and I close all my apps to see what's going on and it keeps playing. Weird....

5. simsaladimbamba

That malware seem to be email attachments, from what I can read from that obscure report. Maybe try ClamXav instead?

----------

How do you close those apps? Via CMD+Q or another method?

6. butterflyv thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, running scan with ClamXav now. Will post any results.

OK, running scan with ClamXav now. Will post any results.

----------

Yes CMD+Q

7. MikhailT macrumors 601

These are attachments in Outlook 2011.

It is possible that when you deleted those files, Outlook re-downloaded it from your mail server since it was missing locally.

You have to delete the attachments from the emails manually in Outlook, and that'll update the emails on the server to ensure outlook doesn't re-download it in the future.

8. Wando64 macrumors 6502

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but keep in mind that when you delete emails they just get moved to the deleted mail folder (not to be confused with the Trash). You will then have to empty that folder too.