Trolling for choice MP on Apple Refurbished page

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macrovertigo, May 16, 2009.

1. Macrovertigo macrumors member

Macrovertigo

Hi, I have just discovered refurbished macs in time to shop for a Mac Pro. I can see right away that I will have to act fast when I see the right one, but has anyone out there a feel for how often they show up? (Yes, I searched first, but didn't come up with anyone's observations). Thanks!

2. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Dont think there is any day they show up. Just check as early in the am as you can. Its a lottery really.
    When I was looking for a base macbook it took 3 days of checking at around 5am to get one.

3. Macrovertigo thread starter macrumors member

Macrovertigo

pretty much as I figured, thanks. I am waiting a couple of weeks more to make the actual purchase, so for now this is all practice and recreational window shopping.

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Try the RSS feed to the refurb store mentioned here

Save it in your safari bookmark bar and you'll get updates as they arrive.

5. Macrovertigo thread starter macrumors member

Macrovertigo

The search is ended

for the record, today I bought the 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon "Nehalem" processor from the apple refurbished offerings ... and glad of it.

6. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I had my eye on one of those. I so want one so I can add the ATI 4870 eventually.

Cheers,

7. phatlipboardz macrumors member

Apple is updating their site throughout the day. I've been refreshing it for the last few days. Stuff ends up there in the morning and usually in the evening. I've watched things "disappear" off of there in a matter of minutes.

Good luck!

8. Macrovertigo thread starter macrumors member

Macrovertigo

busy Apple Refurbished page!

Yes, the offerings on the refurbished page come and go quickly. I watched a quad core 2.66 MP sit for a week unclaimed, and when I finally decided to buy it (the 733 G4 DA no longer wakes up at all), it was gone!! Yesterday I was glued to the set watching to see if another 2.66 would show, it never did, but while I watched I saw mac minis come and go like show girls, there must have been a dozen that were presented and were quickly snapped up.