Trondheim information

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Am3822, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

Hi people,

I will be coming to study in Trondheim sometime soon (next couple of months), and I would appreciate any useful bit of information about living in Norway in general, and Trondheim in particular.

2. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Well, my only experience with Trondheim was about 7 years or so ago. I was deployed aboard the USS Wasp and we anchored out in the bay there. Say about 1 in the am, the wind coming down off the mountains and across the water was so strong, it started pushing a 70,000 ton ship (at anchor, mind you) in towards the ground. We weighed anchor and had to leave because of the weather.

But I heard it was beautiful, the women are HOT. It's a fairly expensive place to live or visit, but the scenery and the women are worth it.

I've also been to Stavangar and Bergen, both for about a day and a half. And both during the winter. Talk about cold. :)

3. Am3822 thread starter macrumors 6502

Am3822

Yes, I've been told that Norway is pretty expensive to live in (someone told me, half jokingly, that Norwegians consider London to be relatively cheap). That what makes the business of finding an apartment / places to shop even more important.