Tropico Coming to iPad December 18, iPhone Version Confirmed for Release Next Year

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:51 AM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Feral today announced a December 18 release date for the iPad version of Tropico, the popular strategic island city builder and humorous dictator sim, and also confirmed that an iPhone version is forthcoming sometime in 2019.

[​IMG]

Based on the acclaimed series originally published by Kalypso Media, Tropico for iPad has been redesigned and developed for mobile by Feral, and will be a premium game with no in-app purchases.

Tropico will support fifth generation and sixth generation iPads, and all generations of Apple's iPad Pro models. The game requires iOS 12 and just under 3GB to install. Tropico costs $11.99 and is available to pre-order now from the App Store [Direct Link].

Article Link: Tropico Coming to iPad December 18, iPhone Version Confirmed for Release Next Year

2. 0815, Dec 5, 2018 at 5:12 AM
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 5:22 AM

0815 macrumors 68000

Hurray for no in-App ... finally a game that can be played without constantly slowdowns when not paying

3. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

At $11.99, not too bad. I'm glad it's not one of those "Freemium" games where you have to pay a boatload to get the good stuff or speed things up.

4. jecowa macrumors regular

5. 0815 macrumors 68000

Actually that’s cheap - look how much people spend on IAP since most so called free games are unplayable without paying real Money for virtual goods - and you have keep buying stuff to keep play.

I am no longer downloading those since those are overpriced.

There are no good free games and I’m happy to pay this small amount and enjoy a game without ads or artificial slowdowns that are only there to suck mu money

6. Remy149 macrumors regular

I was just about to comment about it being a perfect price for a full game

7. vertical smile macrumors 68030

vertical smile

A very decent price for a full game, or maybe you like the free "pay to win" games?

I would get it, but I don't have a device that will run it.

8. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

I’ll probably pick this up. I like city building games and I’d rather support a company that releases a full game for a set price instead of going the route of pay to win/in-app purchases.

9. Kiwikat88 macrumors regular

Kiwikat88

Awesome! We need tons more full feature games on iPad. The mobile stuff is just not interesting to me.

10. Lord Hamsa macrumors 6502a

Regarding the price point, the full game is available for PC at GOG.com for under $5, often on sale for under $2. Is the value-added for the iOS port worth the premium?