Resolved Troube Installing iLife '06

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MatthewLTL, Mar 16, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

Decided to install my Discs to my eMac. First I was going to install iLfe but i get the following:
    [​IMG]
    when i try manual installs i get this:
    [​IMG]
    I have no iLife programs running and i did not have this problem on the PowerMac

Attached Files:

2. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

what's that do exactly?

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Odd, and it does this even after a restart? Try simply copying the .app files over from your Power Mac, I do this occasionally with iLife apps since I don't have an install disk but some of my PPCs came with it installed.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I have found this issue to occur in a rare situation if the latest iLife support files are installed before installing the iLife software package.

5. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Well, I grabbed iLife 09 off of a Leopard MacBook Pro restore disk and I couldn't install it on my G5, so I extracted the .apps and Library files and put them in the correct places and it worked fine.

6. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I just the program jbarley recommended. After I figured out how to use it, I simply "extracted" the files and they appeared in the Applications folder. I ran Software Update and updated the iLife programs to their latest versions (however it didn't find any updates on the MDD after install). I already had iPhoto and iMovie 6 installed on both macs brior to the iLife '06 install. I believe iLife support was one of the 1st updates the system installed (after the combo update). That makes sense though. I think I have to do a fresh install of Leopard on my MDD (To fix a problem with QTE) So i'll makes sure I don't install iLife support until AFTER I install iLife.

----------

I have done that with software in the past, However, the retail iLife '06 and '09 discs have all the files in packages (.pkg) no .app. does anyone have a AppleWorks 6 app file they can provide me that came Panther grey discs?

7. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I just noticed this now, lol. Anyway, I used The Unarchiver (Free download for PPC, Free on App Store) to open the .pkg files, and it all worked out.

8. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I have The Unarchiver already, In fact I have deleted the OS X Archive Utility renamed the Unarchiver to the same name as the OS X one and placed it into the CoreServices folder.

9. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I use it for everything, but .zip files, since OS X handles them fine. I absolutely love The Unarchiver, I should really tell Gavin to add it to the software archive if he can get permission for it.

10. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

If you provide me with the link for download, ill put it on my personal website's server for download. The site is not online yet but the file will be downloadable with a direct link.