Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
I'm having trouble burning a cd. It won't let me burn any of the songs I bought (i imported them from cd's).... iTunes help is of no help. The cd i'm using is a Maxell CD-RW 700mb. Also, it needs to be a mp3 cd.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Oh yeah, i'm using a powerbook G4 1.5Ghz with tiger, and i have all the updates.

:D :D

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
mad jew said:
Are you sure they're mp3s? You didn't import them as aacs? I know iTunes struggles to burn mp3 CDs when you've got aacs. :(

Rats! They are all AAC! crap.... so do i have to change them to mp3? Oh, it will let me to data cd burn, and a audio cd burn, but i need the mp3 disk.

Nevermind... Actually the Data cd is working ok. I just need to find a way to organise my songs be they are all in really random folders.

iSaint

macrumors 603
mad jew said:
Are you sure they're mp3s? You didn't import them as aacs? I know iTunes struggles to burn mp3 CDs when you've got aacs. :(

I've had no problem burning any CDs from iTunes purchases. Check your Burning preferences in iTunes, and make sure you have the radio button checked to burn an MP3 CD.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Ok i did the data burn, and it works, but i don't know how to get rid of all these stupid folders. There are tons of them! I'd like to organise my songs as i see fit, not the comp doing it.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
iSaint said:
I've had no problem burning any CDs from iTunes purchases. Check your Burning preferences in iTunes, and make sure you have the radio button checked to burn an MP3 CD.

Yeah i did that. And i just found out the data cd doesn't work either. none of the cd's i burnt have any of the songs i imported from cds...
Its probably somthing stupid i'm doing, but what am i doing wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.