Trouble burning CD to iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kwk1, Nov 6, 2008.

1. kwk1 macrumors regular

kwk1

Hi,
    I just got a touch and have been burning all my cd's to iTunes.

I've come to a Lenny Kravitz cd and when I put it in, a box came up and had multiple choices for what CD it was. So, I clicked on the one that sounded most correct "Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits" and it started to burn a totally different cd. So I stopped it and tried again, now those choices don't come up, it just starts to burn the same wrong cd again.

Anyone come across this before, and I did do a few searches.

Thanks for any help.:)

2. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I take it by "burning" you actually mean ripping. You are importing the CD INTO iTunes, correct? What is happening is that the Gracenote Database, which contains the tag information used by iTunes, is finding the wrong CD. The sound files that ripped are the correct files. Just the tag information (which contains the title, track number, etc) is incorrect.

It's an easy fix, though: Just import the CD, and then right click on the songs in question and select "get info." From here you can change the tag information to the correct ones.

3. kwk1 thread starter macrumors regular

kwk1

Thanks a lot for your reply Cameron!

I thought about it for a while and figured that they wouldn't burn the wrong CD unless they charged my iTunes account.

So I did go ahead and rip it to iTunes and changed the song titles.
    It's all good.

Thanks again for your answer.:)