Trouble burning DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jnyepu, Aug 2, 2007.

1. jnyepu macrumors member

New to OS X. Trying to make a backup of an instructional DVD I helped put together. This is a DVD that plays fine through DVD Player on my MBP

Used MacTheRipper to get the Audio.TS and Video.TS saved to my HD as a file. Then I used Disk Utility to convert that file to a .dmg. That worked, I think. Then I tried to use Burn to, well, burn the .dmg. It didn't do anything when I hit the "burn" button, just kept acting like I didn't press button or do anything. So I went back to Disk Utility and used it to burn the .dmg, which it did.

Now, the DVD won't play through DVD Player -- get an error message that an unsupported disc is in the drive, or something like that.

Please help!

Addendum: Just tried burning again with Burn. This time the program actually went through the motions and acted like it burned the .dmg however same problem as above "Supported Disc Not Available". When I use Burn, I'm using the "Copy" function from the main window.

2. Frosty1 macrumors member

a .dmg file cannot play on DVD players. You need to convert to an .iso and then burn it

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I think you need DVD2oneX (or Toast) in order to make it a burnable file.