Trouble Burning DVD's with Toast 11

croonprince

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Hello,
I've just started having issues making dvd's with toast. I open a saved project in Toast. Put in a blank dvd. Click the record button. It seems to be going alright but when it gets to "Filling the ram cache...100%" it just sits there and won't prompt me that it's done and to eject. I've tried repeatedly but it's always the same. It was working fine until now. What am I doing wrong?

JasonA

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2009
Make sure your hard drive isn't full - Toast needs space for temporary files while it encodes, at least as big as the size of the DVD you're trying to make.

croonprince

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean clear space on my mac drive? I also have a bootcamp drive as I use my imac in windows as well.

JasonA

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2009
Yes. I've seen erratic problems with Toast authoring a DVD if you have less than 4GB free on your system drive.

Another thing to check is make sure your Documents folder isn't locked/write-protected. By default, Toast creates a folder in there called Roxio Converted Items. If it can't write to this folder, that could cause the issue you're having. You can change where Toast puts this folder by going into Toast preferences.

croonprince

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Thanks again Jason. I cleared out my downloads file and it worked. Appreciate your assistance:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.