Trouble Burning DVD's with Toast 11

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by croonprince, Dec 27, 2013.

1. croonprince macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I've just started having issues making dvd's with toast. I open a saved project in Toast. Put in a blank dvd. Click the record button. It seems to be going alright but when it gets to "Filling the ram cache...100%" it just sits there and won't prompt me that it's done and to eject. I've tried repeatedly but it's always the same. It was working fine until now. What am I doing wrong?

2. JasonA macrumors member

Make sure your hard drive isn't full - Toast needs space for temporary files while it encodes, at least as big as the size of the DVD you're trying to make.

3. croonprince thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean clear space on my mac drive? I also have a bootcamp drive as I use my imac in windows as well.

4. JasonA macrumors member

Yes. I've seen erratic problems with Toast authoring a DVD if you have less than 4GB free on your system drive.

Another thing to check is make sure your Documents folder isn't locked/write-protected. By default, Toast creates a folder in there called Roxio Converted Items. If it can't write to this folder, that could cause the issue you're having. You can change where Toast puts this folder by going into Toast preferences.

5. croonprince thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks again Jason. I cleared out my downloads file and it worked. Appreciate your assistance:)

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

It sounds like your drive is nearly full. It's recommended that you keep at least 10% of the drive free for your Mac to use and work efficiently.

Use something like Grand Perspective to see where all your space has gone.
    http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net