Trouble Changing Icons

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by nanogirl21, Mar 3, 2012.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Hi guys, I have looked through the threads and could not find an answer to my problem. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered (and if that is the case please direct me to the answer.)

I am trying to change app icons such as RedLaser, Tom Tom, Angry Birds, YouTube, Apple Store and so on. Basically user downloaded apps not stock apps. I am using i-FunBox and I replace the Icon@2x.png file that is in the application folder for the app I am trying to change. After respringing my iPhone there is no change. I made sure that everything is capitalize and punctuated like the original and I went back to make sure the file copied into the folder correctly but still no luck. What am I doing wrong? Is there an easier way to change the icons? I know that it is possible by making a winterboard theme and including a bundles folder. However, I am not sure what exactly goes into the bundles folder. I have about 20 apps that I would like to change. Help please.

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

File properties also need to match.

3. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Yes, they are matching.

4. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

Are you using a theme? If so, are those the icons you are changing, or the stock ones?

5. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

No, I am not using a theme. I changed my stock icons without any problem. I am trying to change apple store downloaded icons such as words with friends, angry birds, redlaser, facebook ect.

If a theme is required to change these icons, I do not mind making them into a winterboard theme. I just do not know how to set up the bundles folder.

6. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Nevermind I figured it out by using a program called AppInfo

7. tateu macrumors 6502

I've never had any problems changing app store icons. I went directly to the app folder and replaced them, making sure the filename, capitalization and permissions matched.

I always think it is best to explain what you did to fix the problem in case someone with the same issue stumbles upon this thread. It's very frustrating to find that one and only thread on the internet where someone has the same problem that they say they fixed but they never explained how.

You say you used AppInfo. What exactly did you do to fix it?