Trouble Cloning Boot Drive to New Disc

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seemars, May 2, 2010.

1. seemars macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Pro, and the install disc, and previously used a feature with the install disc that let you install Snow Leopard from another drive. But i can't find that option when using the install disc now. So instead i cloned my boot drive to the new disc with Super Duper. And that worked, except, I need to format the old boot drive so i can sell it, but when i have both drives in my computer, it keeps booting from the old disc. I dont know how to get my computer to boot from the new installation. I've tried the shortcuts when restarting my computer that are supposed to let me choose my boot drive. option+command+shift+delete, pressing C, or pressing Option. none of those shortcuts worked.

Help me choose my boot drive.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

The boot menu should appear shortly after the startup chime. Just hold the option key from as soon as you turn the computer on until it shows up.

Aaron's suggestion will work too, of course. It just depends if you want it to always boot to a particular drive or just this once (eg. Boot Camp).