Trouble connecting MIDI board to new iMac

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Wee Beastie, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Hello all,

I borrowed a friend's MIDI board to use for awhile on my mac (24" iMac 2.8) with Garage Band. As far as I can tell I have installed the appropriate drivers, but my computer does not recognize it. My roommate, who is on a Powerbook G4, did not have any difficulty connecting the board to his computer. My first thought is that the software might be outdated (possibly not compatible with Intel macs). The board is an M-Audio Radium. The version number on the software disk is :071703. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend to find out how old the board is. I'll update this post when I do. If you have any thoughts let me know. Thanks!

beastie. wee beastie.

Edit: The board is about three years old. So I think it probably is a software issue. Do you think the company offers downloadable software updates?

2. statikcat macrumors 6502

statikcat

www.m-audio.com

They update their drivers for all of their products and are available on the website (like most companies in this industry).

Now, the Axiom, to my knowledge, does not have OSx drivers you need to install. It is class compliant and the OS should just pick it up.

Go to Applications-->Utilities-->Audio Midi Setup

Is it seen there on the midi tab?

3. Wee Beastie thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks statikcat. I'll check their website. My computer isn't recognizing it at all. I'll see if I can get some updated drivers. I'm probably going to buy a new one for myself, but I want to use this one while I've got it.