Trouble connecting printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by slyskittle, Feb 26, 2011.

1. slyskittle macrumors newbie

I've just been trying to connect a canon mp560 printer wirelessly with my imac g5 (10.5.8) but I'm having a bit of trouble.
    The computer recognises that the printer is there but when I go to add it to my printer list I cannot select the right driver.
    I downloaded the driver from the apple site but I can find it anywhere.
    At the moment it says the printer is connected and printing but whenever I select print nothing happens.
    Does anyone know what the problem is?
    At the moment I've added the printer to my "print and fax" but for the option "print using" I have selected "generic postscript printer 1.3"
    Could anyone give me any advice. I'm completely lost:confused:

2. MacForScience macrumors 6502

MacForScience

What is this wireless connection you are using? Is there a router in there somewhere?

Can you connect the printer directly to see if the printer will work at all?

Cheers

3. slyskittle thread starter macrumors newbie

4. stev3n macrumors 6502

Canon Wireless Help I would visit that link and see if Canon is able to help you setup the printer. I also found "Canon PIXMA Wireless Setup Assistant (Macintosh)" on the Drivers & Software link which is on the same page. Hope this helps.

5. slyskittle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I installed the drivers but it still wouldn't work. For some reason they download and then I can't find them. They don't join the other drivers in the "print using" files.
    Thanks for the help though. I'll just have to keep tryinh