trouble connecting to tv with VGA cable

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rsnow, May 17, 2011.

1. rsnow macrumors newbie

I have a 2007 13" macbook, and I am trying to hook it up to my 32" Dell TV. I went to the Apple store to make sure I had all the right cables, etc. They recommended I use the mini DVI to VGA converter and then a VGA-VGA cable.

I hooked everything up to my TV properly, and this was the error message I got on my TV:

"Out of Range
    Cant display this video mode. Change computer display input to 1360x768 @ 60 Hz."

I went to my system preferences to see if I could change the display, but this size was not an option. I'm not at all techno savvy, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

2. rsnow thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response Sim..., I looked through the guide and I've followed the same set of instructions: that is a DVI-VGA adapter with a VGA-VGA cord to connect to my TV.

At the moment I am loath to return the cables I bought in exchange for an HDMI or S-video adapter in case I get the same error message with those too. Any suggestions?

3. mcapanelli macrumors regular

mcapanelli

Did you try and let you Mac detect the display? [ system preferences>Displays>Detect displays]