Trouble creating ringtones on iTunes [error 11556]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drakeshipway, Jul 15, 2008.

1. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

So, I bought a song I'd like to turn into a ringtone, so I control+click the song, and select "create ringtone..." and everything starts to load, and part of the ringtone making thing pops up, but then..
    [​IMG]
    this pops up.. Has anyone else experienced this? Or do you know what the problem is?

Thanks, pce :apple:

2. mwickens macrumors member

mwickens

Yes, I have this problem. Based on a Google search, I think it's because we're not in the US. :-( Too bad Apple couldn't have handled this better.

3. drakeshipway thread starter macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

hmm, Guess I'm going to have to be giving Apple a call.. haha
    thanks,

pce :apple:

4. Emilyxo macrumors newbie

I am having this same problem, but the box at the bottom pops up for half a second and then that error window pops ups. It is extremely frustrating and I don't know what to do, I have looked at many different websites and different forums and chats about this very issue and I can not manage to find anything useful. Many people have resorted to saying that it is not an iTunes problem, when it obviously is. Maybe it is because I do not live in the USA, but Apple should realize that millions and millions of people all around the world are willing to use this feature and pay for it, they should really get their act together and fix these glitches.

5. zbruneau macrumors newbie

Answer to Ringtones

Unfortunately if you are not in the U.S. you can not get ringtones on your phone through iTunes. If you change the country that you are in you will not be able to download it because your billing information does not match that country's currency. There is not a way to get around that but there are programs that will send you a text msg. of a ringtone and you can add it to your phone. Google it.

6. Acronym macrumors 68000

7. kwright2713 macrumors newbie

I use this great site. All you do is search for the song you want as your ringtone and download it for iphone and it will put it in your itunes all ready for you to sync your iphone and use the ringtone. Or if the ringtone hasn't been created the you can simply import song from library or youtube, cut the part of the song you want and it will create the ringtone for you, then all you have to do is download it!!!

www.audiko.net

8. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

The next time you feel the need to post a comment on a thread over a month old, don't. The people that posted here will more than likely not see.;)

Thanks!
    David

9. me1234 macrumors newbie

Crack on kwright2713. Great for people who use google to solve a problem. It took me straight to this page 5 weeks after you posted!
    Thanks!

10. gclavade macrumors newbie

limit it to 30s

:) Thanks kwright2713 for the site.
    For info, furthemore I had to limit the ring to 30S to have it synchronise on my Iphone.
    Gael

11. jolayne0416 macrumors newbie

The best!!

You definately need to download iRinger. It is really easy and it works amazing, super fast.

12. Mr Dodgy macrumors newbie

Absolutely brilliant app. Thank you kwright :D

13. xcell macrumors newbie

For Windoze users, yes... ;-)

14. MsMarv28 macrumors newbie

Error 11556 Fix

I had a friend who lived in Canada that had the same problem and all they had to do was click on the itunes store, scroll all the way down to the bottom of that screen, change the country to USA, and then he was able to create the ringtone and download it.

15. ushanbb macrumors newbie

ushanbb

Similar situation

Thought I had it licked, but nay, instead I was. doh.

16. steviewo macrumors newbie

Warning - do not use the above app if you do not want to pay for it!

Just went to use it and then as I was about to send the rington to my phon I noticed in the terms and conditions:

"*Join the Tone Club and get any 3 ringtones of your choice for just £4.50 per week. No cost for existing members with relevant credits"

Then ralised that it was that awful Jamster that are always advertising on the crappy music channels on sky.

Heard loads of bad things about these schisters, involving people (usually stupid teenagers) not being able to cancel contract that they were unaware they had signed up for when downloading ringtones.

17. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Zombie thread....

I will revive this thread to add something no one has mentioned before in this thread (it is mentioned in several others): You do not need any application to make a ringtone for your iPhone, even if you are outside the US. You need only to change the file extension of the song you want from .m4a to .m4r, and if the extension is not .m4a, you just need to go to iTunes preferences and select "import as AAC file", so iTunes gives you the option of creating an AAC version (with a .m4a extension) of any file you have on your library.

Hope this helps someone.