Trouble deciding between 13inch and 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Soulweaponry, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

I'll be new to mac as soon as i buy this laptop. Two things i'm trying to decide between are size and processor.

Size: I've always been on 15inch laptops and although i'm not against a 13 inch one, i'm just not used to it. I like the added portability but my question is is it that big of a difference in screen size to be noticable in day to day stuff? Has anybody gone from 15 to 13 and gotten use to the smaller screen? I'll be going to the store later to try it out, but i'm afraid being in this huge store (best buy) won't give me a good idea on size. My 46inch tv looks big at home and tiny at best buy

processor: i'm not gonna be doing anything crazy. Web browsing, watching hd videos on youtube and maybe a little video editing here and there. Would the corei5 be good enough for me?

2. NinjahKitteh macrumors newbie

I got myself a 13" MBP, the core i7 one and I have to say it was everything I needed. I came from using a 27" desktop monitor daily to using this 13" monitor daily. I have to say the first week it felt like the screen was really small but after using it for a while the screen seems to be perfectly fine and works perfectly. I too was planning on buying a 15" model but went with the 13" and wasn't disappointed. I even have no problem running mid range games. Anyway, its your choice but coming from such a big monitor I didn't have many issues, I love the portability of my Mac and it will always be better then my PC.

3. tarponbeach macrumors member

I just bought my first MacBook Pro, 13.3". I too came from Windows, most recently a Dell 17". I looked at both the 13" & 15" Mac, and settled on the 13" mainly due to weight. For me, the 13" has enough screen real estate to do document composition and web surfing. The discrete graphics processor on the 15" & 17" Mac Pro were not important enough for me to choose the 15, nor were the faster processors. For my needs, the 13 just "feels right"

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

With the listed usage, a core duo mac from 2007 wouldn't hold you back, so no, I wouldn't worry about the processor holding you back.