Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duqguy316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2010
I am new to mac OS X system. When I turned on the firewall it started giving me the "do you want iTunes to accept incoming applications" every time I opened iTunes up. I was told to simply delete the application and then reinstall it and there should be no problem with it. To delete it I opened the applications folder, moved the application image to the desktop and then from there I placed it in the trash. (this was the only way it would actually go to the trash) When I went to delete it, it said it was unable to because iTunesHelper was running. I do not know how to turn this off. Then when I went to take the application out of the trash it came out as a broken application symbol(papers with the white circle with a line through it symbol) and would no longer work. It says it is damaged or incomplete. Luckily I had the application backed up on the time machine app, and was able to bring it back with no problems. I am now stuck with this broken application on my desktop that I am unable to delete, and I am still stuck with the window opening every time I open iTunes. Can anyone help me with this situation? I am new to the system and really would like to get rid of this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.